With so much to do during the winter months, it can be easy to forget about your vehicle, until you are stranded on the side of the road in a snowstorm. At Guaranteed Automotive & Transmission, we recognize just how much you rely on your car, especially during these busy times of the year. To ensure your car keeps driving in tip-top condition, we can’t emphasize the importance of winterizing your vehicle enough.
Upon arrival at our facility, our auto mechanics will thoroughly inspect your car for any signs of disarray, but we will target a few items that need a little extra TLC during this cold season, including:
- Coolant: It’s important to make sure the ratio of antifreeze and water remains at 50/50. If there is more water in this ratio, the likelihood of this liquid freezing inside your cooling system is much higher.
- Windshield Wiper Blades: It’s easy to forget about your windshield wiper blades, compared to your brakes or tires. However, these blades are your first line of defense against the elements. Our team will keep an eye out for worn or old blades, along with low levels of washer fluid.
- Battery: Cold weather can severely diminish the power of your battery, especially if it is older than 4 years old. Our technicians will test your battery to ensure it can hold a charge.
- Tires: The drop in temperatures can also negatively affect your tires. It’s important to check both tire pressure and tread life, as your tires need to be on their A-game to handle slick and dangerous roads.
- Heater and Defroster: Our heater is practically a necessity if we want to survive the winter, and we rely on our defroster to eliminate early morning ice and frost on our windows. A chilly drive with limited visibility is practically torture and not safe.
At Guaranteed Automotive & Transmission Service, the safety of you and your family are of utmost priority, as we want you to have a safe and happy holiday. Our top-notch technicians will thoroughly inspect your vehicle, so you can focus on shopping for gifts or planning Christmas dinner. To schedule an appointment, call us. Our auto repair shop is conveniently located at 3742 State Road 38 East, Lafayette, IN 47905.