For many of us, the months of January, December, and November mean holiday travel. We all know how congested and chaotic the roads can get. The team at Guaranteed Automotive & Transmission Service wants you to be safe each step of the way, which is why we have compiled a list of how to keep safe over the holidays:
Before you head out, make sure to pack an emergency kit with the following items:
- Sand, cat litter or traction mats
- Small shovel
- Gloves, hats, and blankets
- Flashlights with fresh batteries and warning flares
- Rags or paper towels
- Drinking water and nonperishable snacks
- Phone chargers
- It is smart to map your route ahead of time. This way, you can factor in heavy traffic and other road conditions.
- Before you embark on your journey, check the weather of your destination and any stops along the way. You never know what you may encounter on your trip.
- Brush up on your winter driving skills. Be patient, and slow EVERYTHING down.
- Be mindful of any potential thieves by securing and hiding any valuables, especially if you are traveling with gifts. Keep these items out of plain sight.
- Keep your little ones busy with books, iPads, coloring books, or road games. This will help time fly by faster.
- Take a break every two hours or two hundred hours to avoid drowsy driving.
- Make sure your vehicle is up-to-date on all basic maintenance. Schedules and roads will be getting busier and busier with the holidays quickly approaching, which is why now is the perfect time to bring your vehicle to our shop for an inspection.
The holidays are busy enough -- the last thing you need to worry about is your vehicle. Bring your vehicle to Guaranteed Automotive & Transmission Service for an inspection, and our team will perform a thorough inspection, ensuring each component of your vehicle is in pristine condition. Give us a call today to schedule an appointment for an inspection.