We can’t believe how fast the year is flying by! Soon enough, the holidays will be here, and we will be breaking out our Christmas decorations, planning for New Year’s Eve, and racing around trying to check everything off our holiday to-do list. The team at Guaranteed Automotive & Transmission doesn’t want you to worry about your vehicle during these busy times.
During the colder months, your vehicle has to work that much harder. We encourage you to bring your vehicle to our technicians, so we can thoroughly inspect your vehicle for any signs of trouble. We will target a few times that will need a little extra TLC during the wintertime:
- Heater and Defroster: Our heater is practically necessary if we want to survive the winter, and we rely on our defroster to eliminate early morning ice and frost on our windows. A chilly drive with limited visibility is practically torture and not safe.
- Coolant: It’s essential to make sure the ratio of antifreeze and water remains at 50/50. If there is more water in this ratio, the water might freeze inside your cooling system.
- Windshield Wiper Blades: It’s easy to forget about your windshield wiper blades than your brakes or tires. However, these blades are your first line of defense against Mother Nature. Our team will keep an eye out for worn or old blades, along with low levels of washer fluid.
- Battery: The cold weather makes your battery work that much more challenging, which is why our technicians will test your battery to ensure it can hold a charge. Our technicians will test your battery to ensure it can hold a charge.
- Tires: The drop in temperatures causes your tire’s pressure to drop. It’s essential to check both tire pressure and tread life.
- Lights: Just imagine you are driving on a dimly lit road, and you reach to turn on your lights, but they aren’t working. The team at Guaranteed Automotive & Transmission Service want to prevent situations like these from occurring, which is why our technicians will carefully examine your lights.
At Guaranteed Automotive & Transmission Service, the safety of you and your family are of utmost priority, as we want you to have a safe and happy holiday. Our top-notch technicians will thoroughly inspect your vehicle, so you can focus on shopping for gifts or planning Christmas dinner. Schedule an appointment for an inspection, and our team would be happy to answer any questions you may have!