With Halloween falling on a Wednesday this year, there is likely to be a lot of celebration for a holiday on the previous weekend. With accident statistics soaring nationwide during October, we want to make sure you all stay safe out there! Here are some tips to keep you and your loved ones safe:
- Get your eyes checked. This may seem basic, but when was the last time you had a vision test? Make sure that your prescriptions are up to date. If you find wearing glasses or contacts bothersome, consider Lasik surgery. If you do not currently wear corrective lenses, consider getting an eye exam as part of your overall health.
- Get your headlights and taillights checked. Over time, these lights can fade, which can lead to diminished visibility on the road. They need to be replaced at least every four years. Don’t wait until they burn out.
- Allow extra reaction times for other drivers. Drive more cautiously than usual. Obey all posted speed limits--and then drive slower than that.
- Allow extra time for pedestrians. Halloween pedestrians are a sugared up bunch; children may dart into the street unexpectedly. Don’t rush an intersection. Slow down.
- Don’t Drink And Drive! Please, please do not drink and drive. Even one drink can impair your judgment. There are many options available to you if you wish to imbibe. Plan to stay with a friend. Don’t go out to bars unless you take an Uber. 44% of fatal car crashes nationwide involve a driver with a BAC higher than 0.08%. It’s just not worth it.
From all of us at Guaranteed Automotive, have a happy and safe Halloween!